Monday, July 10, 2017

Day #6: Activity 1 - Winter Learning Journey (Native Aotearoa)

Instructions!
Welcome to Day #6 of your journey and the last day in the south island. You are going to start the day by traveling 63 km north up State Highway 1 from Dunedin to a place called ‘Shag Point.’ Shag Point is one of five places in the south island where the Maori arrived hundreds of years ago to settle in New Zealand. They arrived at Shag Point in large canoes called ‘wakas.’ For more information on Shag Point and other Maori landing places, go to the Waka landing places website.
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png

Activity 1: Let’s imagine that you were on the first waka to arrive at Shag Point. You had never been to New Zealand before and you had no idea what to expect. Write a poem describing how you would have felt when you arrived in New Zealand. Would you have been excited or scared? I would have felt pretty nervous, I reckon…
---------------
My Work Below!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Brooke,
    I really like your poem. Your first line really reminds me of one of the lines from the song on Moana called 'How far I'll go'. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke,

    Your poem captured so many emotions for me. I am speechless! I love they way you described feeling at home once you heard the trees sway and wind whispering. This is such a good piece of writing. I amp pleased to see that Saveu connected with your poem too.

    Keep it up Brooke.

    Best wishes,

    Jacinta

    ReplyDelete