Sunday, December 17, 2017

Bonus Activity: Waka Ama ll Summer Learning Journey

Bonus Activity: Waka Ama
To this day, the people of New Zealand still use waka. Instead of using their waka to transport them from one place to another, they sometimes use waka in special events and in sporting competitions such as Waka Ama. Both boys and girls compete in Waka Ama boat races.

waka-ama-40461.jpg
Watch this short video of a Waka Ama race. On your blog tell us whether you would like to be in a Waka Ama race one day. Why or why not?

BONUS POINTS: 10





My Opinion: Why or why not I will participate in a Waka Ama Race
I participated in multiple races in Waka Ama when I used to play this sport. Although I didn't participate at the end of year competition I still gained new skills and had new experiences. So the answer from me is YES! Because it's an amazing adrenalin rush and I like enjoying the fresh air.

3 comments:

  1. Hey again Brooke, that's so cool that you've tried this before!

    How many people were in your boat?

    I would find it difficult paddling at the same time as everyone else - my team would probably go around in circles!

    I do like the idea of being out on the water and enjoying the fresh air!

    Did you ever fall out!?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brooke,
    I would agree with Billy that is so cool you have experienced this! When I was little I use to watch my sister and cousin race with other clubs, sometimes their boat tipped. From a scale from 1 - 10 how difficult would Waka Ama racing be? Personally I think timing would be hard, paddling the same time as the people in your waka. Anyways Keep the good work up!

    Kind Regards,
    Save'u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke,
    I love how you gave us some details how you use to do this kind of sport, when did you play this kind of sport.

    ReplyDelete