Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Day 3 - Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry ll Summer Learning Journey

Activity 2: Acknowledging Ancestry
All of us are members of a family. Some of us have large families and some of us have very small families. When I have the opportunity to talk about my family and my ancestry I sometimes choose to use a pepeha. It is a very special way of identifying who I am and where I come from. There are many different versions of pepeha but most provide people with information about who you are and where you come from (i.e. your whakapapa). Use the template provided below to prepare your own unique pepeha. If you need help please watch this short movie clip on preparing a pepeha.

My Work Below!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    I love your pepeha it definitely shows me who you are. Have you ever been to your home town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Brooke, thanks for sharing your own personal Pepeha with us! It's great to read. I like how you have put your additions in bold writing. It makes it clear to see what is personal to you.

    What is your favourite line from your Pepeha and why?
    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete