Monday, December 18, 2017

Day 3: It’s All in the Family - Activity 1 ll Summer Learning Journey

Activity 1: The More, the Merrier? victorian family.jpg
In the 1800s, most families were pretty big. In fact, many parents had an average of seven to nine children.  Imagine that you were a child in the 1800s and you had nine siblings.

On your blog, please tell us how you would feel. Would you enjoy being a member of such a large family? Why or why not?

Why or why not I will enjoy having a large family?
In my opinion, I would love to have a big family because when siblings have more kids there will be future generations to carry out the surname. Also, it will be lots of fun living in a house with the more than 5 people because you will always be busy and you will never be bored.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Brooke, thank you for your enthusiasm and dedication to the Summer Learning Journey.

    That's a really good point about siblings having kids, I never thought about that. You would also get to have lots of nephews and nieces. Which would be awesome! I reckon it would be cool because you would always have enough players for a sports game in the backyard.

    How many siblings do you have?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billy for your feedback.And to answer your question I have 3 siblings including myself.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, are you the oldest? youngest? middle?

      I have two brothers and I am in the middle.

      Billy

      Delete
  2. Hey Brooke,
    It's Mikaera here, I really agree on your opinion about having more siblings because Yes you will always be occupied but the generations next and next will always be alive. And the longer the generations go the longer and more history your family has.

    From your Bestie, Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikaera,
      Thank you for your feedback on my work.

      From your bestie book

      Delete
  3. Hi Brooke
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    Your work is just amazing and this will certainly help you a lot. What would you want to have in common with your brothers and sisters?

    ReplyDelete