Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Day 4: Hitting a High Note - Activity 1 ll Summer Learning Journey

Day 4: Hitting a High Note…

Activity 1: The Waiata - A Song in Your Heart
In the past, Māori would often use song as a way of sharing information or communicating emotions.  A waiata is the name given to a traditional Māori song. One of my all-time favourite waiata is Kia Paimarie. What about you?

Use Google to research traditional Māori Waiata. Listen to a number of Waiata and read the lyrics. On your blog tell us which one of the waiata you found you like the most. Why do you like it?

My Work Below!



2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Brooke
    My name is Sarah and I go to Glen Innes School
    seems like you started early, however this is good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Brooke, thanks for completing another activity. It's great to see what your favourite waiata is. I like that you have provided reasons for your selection. Waiata always become more important when they are passed down through lots of generations.

    I was wondering if you might share some of the lyrics on your post, I would love to read the translation.

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete