Sunday, December 17, 2017

Week 1 - Activity 2: Setting Sail ll Summer Learning Journey

Activity 2: Setting Sail

The first settlers to come to New Zealand must have been really brave! They had to leave their original homes and sail thousands of miles across the ocean on a special boat called a ‘waka’ to reach New Zealand.

Imagine that you were on board one of the wakas. On your blog, write a short letter to a friend telling them about your voyage to New Zealand. In the letter be sure to tell them how you feel about moving to a new country. If it was me, I would have felt really nervous…
___________________________
Here is my work below!







1 comment:

  1. Hey there Brooke, wow I am so impressed with your incredible letter. How did you manage to write in on that old parchment? You are so clever!

    I would be so very nervous too! It would be so scary. I would be worried about big waves and bad weather.

    What do you think they had to do as soon as they arrived in New Zealand?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete